Visitor exit-intent tracks your visitor's mouse and touch behavior for clues to determine when they appear to be about to leave or "exit" the page.
This targeting method is very useful for capturing visitor information before they abandon their cart or leave your site and disappear.
On Desktop devices:
Exit-intent is detected when the visitor's mouse moves off the page as they appear to be about to leave. You can customize the sensitivity level:
- Low: mouse leaves the top of the page
- Medium: mouse leaves the top or either of the top halves of either side of the page
- High: mouse leaves the top or either side of the page
On Mobile devices:
Since there is no mouse on mobile devices, we primarily observe the visitor's touch behaviors for clues of an imminent exit. You can customize the sensitivity level:
- Low: if the visitor scrolls up the page very quickly
- Medium: if the visitor scrolls up the page quickly
- High: in addition to the above, attempt to detect when the user presses the browser back button to leave the site.