The following tutorial will help you install Shareaholic on Google Tag Manager (GTM):
Shareaholic is an official tag vendor partner of Google Tag Manager (GTM), which means you can install Shareaholic on your site with GTM very easily and with peace of mind knowing that you're in good hands and that you've made a great choice.
You simply need to select the pre-configured Shareaholic tag template available within your GTM interface and enter your Shareaholic Site ID. GTM then automatically generates the correct Shareaholic installation code for your site and completes the installation for you — without the need for any engineering or technical expertise.
If you have not already signed up for Shareaholic, check out the Getting Started with Shareaholic Guide before following the instructions below.
Installing Shareaholic with Google Tag Manager
- Log into your GTM account.
- Click on the Container you would like to use, or create a new one:
- Select "Add a new tag":
- Click "Choose a tag type to begin setup":
- Scroll down the list and select "Shareaholic":
- Configure the Shareaholic Tag by pasting your Shareaholic Site ID. Your Shareaholic Site ID is provided by Shareaholic on the Sites Dashboard and is unique to your website.
As reference, your Site ID looks like this on your Shareaholic Site Tools dashboard (the Site ID is unique to your website):
Now, select "All Pages" for the Tag Trigger. This will trigger Shareaholic on all pages on your website. Then click "Save":
- When you click save, GTM will ask you to name your tag:
Lastly, don't forget to publish your tag & changes:
Congrats! Shareaholic should now load successfully on your website!