The following tutorial will help you install Shareaholic on any website with a little bit of HTML. You must have access to your website source code, be comfortable editing HTML (or have a webmaster/developer who can help you).
If you have not already signed up for Shareaholic, check out the Getting Started with Shareaholic Guide before following the instructions below.
- Sign in to your Shareaholic account, and select the Site Tools tab. Select the site you’re working with and click Get Setup Code.
<script>and ends with
As reference, your site's Shareaholic setup code looks like the following in your Shareaholic Site Tools dashboard (the Site ID in the code will be unique to your site):
Note: The code contains a unique ID that corresponds to each site. Don’t mix up code snippets from different sites, and don’t reuse the same tracking code snippet on multiple domains.
- Copy the setup HTML code snippet.
Don’t edit your Shareaholic setup HTML code. Just copy it. You might want to paste it into a text document if you’re worried about accidentally losing or changing the snippet from your clipboard.
- Paste your Shareaholic setup HTML code into every web page. Paste it immediately before the closing
If you use templates to dynamically generate pages for your site (like if you use PHP, Rails, Django, or a similar technology), you can paste the tracking code snippet into its own file, then include it in your page header.
- Congrats! Shareaholic should now load successfully on your website!
To install an In-page Shareaholic App:
Shareaholic In-page Apps are special apps that let you place them exactly where you want in your website layout or template at the location where the app should be displayed.
If you have not created an In-page Shareaholic App, check out the Installing an In-page Shareaholic App Guide before following the instructions below.
- Paste the Shareaholic In-Page App HTML snippet where you would like it to appear and Save the file. As reference, an In-page App snippet looks like:
- You're done!