The following tutorial will help you install Shareaholic on Squarespace:
If you have not already signed up for Shareaholic, check out the Getting Started with Shareaholic Guide before following the instructions below.
Insert the Setup Code
- Sign in to Squarespace and visit your Dashboard.
- Select Settings from the left menu.
- Click Advanced > Code Injection.
- Paste your Setup Code into the text area beneath Header.
- Press the Save button.
Verify your site
- Return to Shareaholic and select your sites from the My Sites dropdown
- Click on the Settings link on the left side of the page, then click on the Installation tab to find the Verify button.
- In a few moments, the screen will refresh with a green banner saying “Verified Successfully.” If it does not, click here for help.
Add Shareaholic to a page
- Add a Code Block where you want the buttons to appear on your page.
- Select HTML from the dropdown menu in the Edit Code panel.
- Clear any default text that appears in the input section of this panel.
- Paste your Share Button and/or Related Content HTML code in the Post Blog Item Content box.
- Click the Save button in the lower-right of the panel.
- Press the Save & Publish button to apply this change on your blog.
Add Shareaholic to a post
- In the left menu of your Squarespace account, click on settings cog next to your blog name.
- Select Advanced at the top of the pop-up
- Paste the Share Button and/or Related Content HTML code in the text area.
- Press the Save button in the lower-right of the panel.
NOTE: This guide walks you through installing Shareaholic on SQUARESPACE 6. For information on how to add custom code to your SQUARESPACE 5 site, see the Further Reading section below.