First, you'll probably want to empty your browser's cache to make sure you are starting from a clean slate.
Already done this? Fantastic!
And now for the fun stuff! :)
Introducing Shareaholic's New
DESIGNER APPS & PLUGIN INTERFACE
THE TOP 4 BEST NEW FEATURES
Our new apps are mobile-ready! They respond to fill the container in which they load, fitting your content's width at any display size.
Our new apps are designer-friendly--100% customizable! Apply your own custom mods with CSS in your theme's stylesheet.
The space-saving More Options button gives your readers access to all available sharing networks in just one click. No more clutter!
Our plugin now supports WordPress shortcodes, which allows you more freedom in positioning our apps anywhere on your blog!
How to get started
- Post*, Page, Index** and Category** correspond to standard templates in your WordPress theme.
- For these template, there are auto-insertion options of Above Content and/or Below Content.
- Select your app placements by ticking the corresponding option box and pressing Save Changes.
- Each placement option corresponds to an app that can be configured independent of other apps.
- To edit each app, press the green Edit button beside the placement option to open its Edit Panel.
- Configure your apps individually to meet your preferences and save your settings to apply changes.
- Empty all caching plugins, along with your browser's cache, after adjusting your settings.
- Before Related Content will appear on your site, our server needs to process your site's content.
- Additional plugin options are available on the General Website Settings configuration page.
* The Post template relates to the permalink single-post view. These settings will not be applied to the apps that appear in your Index or Category template recent post feeds.
** The Index and Category templates display your recent post feeds. Index does not auto-insert our buttons onto a static homepage. You can use this article to help you with custom placement.
Share Buttons Customize Panel
EXAMPLE: Configuring your Share Buttons app
Related Content Customize Panel
EXAMPLE: Configuring your Related Content app
Create a new Shareaholic account or login to your existing account.
General Website Settings Configuration Page
Customize tweets for your Share Buttons.
Create a custom URL list in the PAGES TO EXCLUDE... section to filter your recommendations.
EXAMPLE: Configuring your General Website Settings page
Advanced Plugin Settings Page
It is not advised to tick either of these boxes.
If this button reads Unable to reach any Shareaholic server, click here.
Resetting the plugin will generate a new API key and new app IDs for each placement option. Any custom positioning will need to be modified to account for the new app IDs.