IN THIS ARTICLE
In order to get the most of your Shareaholic Smart Links, you need to use them to target your engaged audience across all of your advertising platforms. In this article, we'll help you get a custom Smart Link setup in your Shareaholic dashboard and then turn it into an audience-targeted campaign in Facebook Ads Manager. The steps for LinkedIn, Quora, Pinterest, Twitter, etc are very similar.
- Log into your Shareaholic web portal and open up your site's profile.
- Select "Link Manager" from the toolbar on the left side of your screen.
- The first thing you'll need to do is add a pixel. Start by clicking "settings" on your Link Manager screen and opting to "Add a pixel".
- Once you've opted to add a pixel, you'll need to select the pixel source (in this case, Facebook), name the pixel, and input the Facebook Pixel ID.
- Once you've added your Facebook pixel (and any others you'd like to use), you can go back to your "Links" tab and create your first link.
- In your "Links" tab, select "Add a new link" and input the full URL you want to be shortened and the pixels you want to be added.
You can even use links with Google UTM parameters in the Full URL so that they're tracked by Google as well as your Retargeting tools.
- Congratulations! You now have a shortened Smart Link you can copy and use across all of your paid, social, and content assets. You can also use the other "Actions" buttons to edit or delete the link you've created.
Building a Smart Links Audience in Facebook
Now that you have a Smart Link created, let's get it stored in Facebook Ads Manager. With that, you begin to capture users in your new "Audience" and can retarget them.
- Log into your Facebook Ads Manager account and enter "Audiences" from the main toolbar.
- Because we are building an audience based on web activity (clicking on a link and opening a specific page), create your new audience by selecting "Website Traffic".
- Adjust the Custom Audience targeting to only capture users that have visited the shortened URL for your Smart Link. Those will be the users that make up your new Audience for retargeting.
- Now that your custom audience is complete, let's move on to campaign setup and utilize our new Smart Link audience for targeting.
Targeting a Smart Links Audience in Facebook
Now that you've created a custom Smart Link and built an audience to target users that have clicked that link, it's time to target those users with Facebook Ads Manager.
- Log into your Facebook Ads account and open up "Ads Manager" from within the main toolbar.
- Select the green "+ Create" button to begin building your Smart Links audience targeted campaign.
- Once you've selected your campaign's goal, you'll be allowed to add your audience by selecting "Audience" from the left side of the screen.
- Type in the name of your newly created Smart Links audience and you'll be all set to go (once you complete your campaign setup and add in creative).
- You've now created a custom Smart Link, built a Facebook Audience to capture users that click on your Smart Link, and built a campaign in Ad Manager to target those users.
You can also learn more about your Smart Links audience through Facebook's Audience Insights tool which lets you filter audience data by Custom Audience.