You've enabled Related Content but it's been over a day and they're still aren't appearing on your pages or you're seeing placeholder recommendations linking to this article. What do you do now?
There are two primary reasons why this happens. Either because Shareaholic hasn't yet indexed your website or is unable to do so and if your Content Pool or Algorithm Rules are too restrictive.
- Browser Caching: If you've waited more than 24 hours for recommendations to appear on your site, make sure you refresh your website while holding down the "Shift" on your keyboard to clear your cache.
- Server Caching: If your website utilizes server caching, make sure to clear it.
- Shareaholic Bot: Make sure that your firewall (or your web hosts firewall) and robots.txt file is not blocking Steve Bot, Shareaholic's content indexing bot. You should see content populated in your Content Library tab if all is well.
- Local Network: In order for Shareaholic to index your website, your content needs to be hosted online and available publicly so that it is readily accessible. Indexing does not work if your website is hosted on your local computer. In case you would like us to index the content of a website ahead of time, please drop us a support request and we would be happy to help.
- Content Pool / Algorithm Settings: Double check your Content Pool and Algorithm Settings. It may be possible that the rules are too restrictive and that you're excluding too many pages.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, please submit a support request and we'll get right on the case. Be sure to include a link to your website and Site Profile ID in your support request so that we can take a look at the issue and resolve it quickly.