This article will walk you through configuring your Targeting Rules to disable Share Buttons for Images on certain types of image links or pages.
1. Login to your Shareaholic account and select your site from the My Sites dropdown.
2. From your Apps dashboard, under the 'Social Sharing' section, click on the Configure button next to the Share Buttons for Images section.
3. At the top of the Share Button for Images Settings Window, select the Targeting Rules tab.
From here, you can tweak how the Share Buttons for Images will appear on your site. The first two rules specify how the Share Buttons should be displayed on image links, and these will be applied sitewide. You can also add custom rules to show or hide the buttons on specific pages or subpaths of your site.
4. Click Save Changes to apply your Targeting Rules settings.
Disabling Shareable Images Buttons on specific images or pages using code
- You may disable the hover button for a single image by adding the following to the image tag:
<img src="image.jpg" alt="alt_stuff" nopin="nopin" />Or
<img src="image.jpg" alt="alt_stuff" data-pin-nopin="true" />
- You may disable the hover button for all images on a page by including the following code into the <head> section of the page:
<meta name="pinterest" content="nopin" />