You will need to access your Shareaholic.com account to create a unique code like this one to insert in your site's template -
- Login to your Shareaholic account.
- Select a Site Profile from the My Sites dropdown at the top of the page.
- Towards the bottom of the Apps page, under Follow Buttons, click New In-page App.
This will bring up a pop-up window, where you can configure the appearance and settings of your Follow Buttons. You will be able to see a live preview of the Follow Buttons on the right-hand side of the window.
- In the Layout tab, enter the name of the location where the follow buttons will appear (e.g. Right Sidebar). Optional: Entering a Headline Text will add customized text above the Follow Buttons (e.g. Follow me!).
- Use the settings in the Design section to customize the theme, size, position, layout, alignment, and color of the buttons to best fit your website's theme.
- In the Accounts section, enter the username for each service you want as a button, and use the toggle buttons to the left of the icons to enable/disable those services.
- Click Save.
- Go to the Code tab of the pop up window to access the PHP code for your Follow Buttons.
This is the full PHP code. If you're inserting this into a widget, you'll only need the shortcode part, as described below.
- Copy the code [shareaholic app="follow_buttons" id="xxxxxxxx"] without the <?php echo do_shortcode (' in the beginning and the '); ?> at the end so it only displays:
[shareaholic app="follow_buttons" id="xxxxxxxx"]
- Paste this code into a widget or directly into your site's template.
- Save changes.