When visiting Shareaholic Plugin's settings panel, you may find yourself encountering the following error message:
There are a few reasons you could be seeing this prompt, but the steps below should help resolve the problem in most, if not all, situations.
Why the Retry message appears
Because your settings are stored to the cloud (on Shareaholic servers), the plugin needs to connect with shareaholic.com to retrieve and save your settings, and even if you only just installed and haven't yet configured your settings, there are default settings applied upon activation to get you up and running quickly with Shareaholic. If the plugin cannot communicate with shareaholic.com, you will be unable to change your settings using the plugin interface until the cause of the server connectivity issue is identified and resolved.
How to troubleshoot the Retry message
- Press the Retry button.
- Empty your browser's cache and reload the App Manager tab.
- Open shareaholic.com in a new tab to see if you can successfully connect to our site. If you can't, wait for a few minutes before trying.
- Visit the plugin's Advanced Settings page and check the Server Connectivity panel.
- If you see a red block with 'Unable to reach any Shareaholic server', click Re-check.
- If the message is still present, press the Reset Plugin button in the Reset panel of this page.
- If you continue to receive the Retry prompt on the Available Apps screen and our servers cannot be reached, but you have verified that your internet connection is strong, please read through this article
WordPress on Localhost
- If you're developing locally, make sure you have a good internet connection when trying to access the Apps Manager screen of the Shareaholic plugin settings.
- If pressing the Retry button seems to keep you locked in an endless loop, check that you have cURL enabled in your development environment.
Instructions for enabling cURL in WAMP
Instructions for enabling cURL in XAMPP