You've enabled Related Content but it's been over a few hours and they're still aren't appearing on your pages or you're seeing placeholder recommendations linking to this article. What do you do now?
The most common reason for Related Content not showing up is that Shareaholic hasn't yet indexed your website or is unable to do so and if your Content Pool or Algorithm Rules are too restrictive.
- Local Network: In order for Shareaholic to index your website, your content needs to be live and available publicly so that it is readily accessible. Indexing does not work if your website is hosted on your local computer. In case you would like us to index the content of a website ahead of time, please drop us a support request and we would be happy to help.
- Shareaholic Content Index Bot: Make sure that your firewall (or your web hosts firewall) and robots.txt file is not blocking Steve Bot, Shareaholic's content indexing bot. You should see content populated in your Content Library tab if all is well.
- Shareaholic Content Index / Content Library Incomplete: Scroll down to the bottom of the Content Library section on your Shareaholic Dashboard. You will see a button that says "Rebuild Content Index." Click this button to rebuild the content index. (detailed instructions)
- Content Pool / Algorithm Settings: Double check your Content Pool and Algorithm Settings. It may be possible that the rules are too restrictive and that you're excluding too many pages.
- Clear caches
- Browser Caching: If you've waited more than 2 hours for recommendations to appear on your site, make sure you refresh your website while holding down the "Shift" key on your keyboard to force clear your browser cache.
- Server Caching: If your website utilizes server caching, make sure to clear it. Some hosts have their own cache that you may need to clear.
- 3rd Party Whole-Site Caching: If your website utilizes a whole site cache like Cloudflare, make sure to clear it.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, please submit a support request and we'll get right on the case. Be sure to include a link to your website and Site Profile ID in your support request so that we can take a look at the issue and resolve it quickly.