Depending on your website, you may want to exclude certain pages from being recommended, such as 'thank you', custom 404, and 'contact us' pages. There are several options available to quickly filter content from appearing in the Related Content app.
1. Excluding pages from Shareaholic.com
- Log in to your Shareaholic account and click on Site Tools.
- Click the Settings button next to the listing of your website
- Select the Related Content tab.
- Enter webpage URLs into the Pages to Exclude from Related and Promoted Content field and click Save Settings.
URLs can be matched with wildcards (*'s), too. One per line. For example:
If your website runs both with and without SSL, don't worry, our blacklisting engine treats both the http and https protocols as equal. This means, you don't have to enter blacklist lines for both protocols.
... will blacklist both:
For advanced users, applying your own string of Regular Expressions (or "regex") will allow you to use your own exclusion patterns. You will need to begin the line with a: ^
2. Excluding pages from the WordPress plugin
There are two ways to exclude pages from related content using the Shareaholic WordPress plugin.
Option 1. From individual pages and posts, you can use the plugin option boxes available to you on the New/Edit Post and New/Edit Page screens to easily exclude individual entries from being recommended:
Option 2. From the Shareaholic for WordPress App Manager
- Click on the Edit Related Content Settings button in the plugin App Manager.
- Paste webpage urls into the Pages to Exclude from Related and Promoted Content box and click Save Settings.
3. Exclude pages using Shareaholic Meta Tags
If you are a developer, you can also insert a Shareaholic Meta Tag into your webpage's HTML to mark it as private. Include the following meta tag within the <head> section of the pages you would like to exclude from Related Content:
<meta name='shareaholic:article_visibility' content='private' />